Monday, January 13, 2014

Consistency and balance.


I saw this year already going in the pattern that most years go. Everyone has new years resolutions, but rarely ever follows through with them through the whole year. I refuse to be one of those people. Greg and I made sure that we wouldn't be one of those people by making our new years resolutions more of goals than actual resolutions. I know I already did a post on what those were but I wanted to highlight some of the things I forgot or give updates on how we're doing - in hopes you'll find motivation to pick up the ones you've almost nearly left behind and forgot about as we're into the second/third week of the month!

My goals for the month of January? De-clutter and begin to pack away stuff we don't use everyday or don't need right now. I've gathered so much stuff over the last few years for our future home that I don't have anywhere near enough storage to store it all until we find the perfect place to call "our home". Thank GOD for Greg's parents being so generous to let us borrow part of their basement to store the majority of our stuff until we do move... which should be in a few short months! :) 

Lose weight: I'm down 5lbs. It's not a lot, but in 10 days of being sick, exercising and eating healthy - I'd say it's pretty darn good. I'm not giving up. I've even got Gregs mom to workout with now that we've gotten them memberships to the YMCA, too. I'm ready for some spin classes. I'm ready to be a better version of ME. I want to be in the best shape of my life by the end of 2014. I CAN DO THIS. 

Laundry and house cleaning: I've kept up on it this far and intend to keep up on it even more so throughout the year. I'm excited that for once I'm not sitting around doing nothing, and I'm feeling better because of it. Anxieties are subsiding the more I get active and get out of my normal routine or not doing much of anything, and feeling sorry for myself. BRING IT ON 2014!

Here's a few other updates on things we've promised to keep consistent and balanced this year 2014.

I had previously talked about a savings challenge that Greg and I are doing for 2014. We intend to save more over the months, but I wanted to encourage others to do with me so I opened a separate account to show our progress. If something would happen and we'd need to take money out of our savings, it wouldn't come out of this account - it'd come out of our "extra" savings account. Here's the screen shot of weeks 1,2,3&4 in the savings. Have your transferred your funds yet? Join us today!

Greg and I also started the bread challenge I mentioned in another post. Most of you don't know our religious background, because we feel it shouldn't matter what religion we are, but more so that we believe in Jesus Christ and live everyday to his perfect timing and grace. We haven't always live that way, but we made a goal and a promise to ourselves to follow through with his word and plans for our life in 2014, and we intend to do just that. There's nothing sweeter than starting every morning with Jesus, coffee, breakfast and my sweet husband.


We hope you're keeping up with those resolutions. We're praying for you!
xoxo the Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment