Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Home Sweet Home: Our First House



We've dreamed of this day for a very long time, but never saw it in sight until recently. Greg and I moved out of our duplex rental into a family members house to save money and begin the home buying process. We thought we'd be with them a lot longer, but Jesus had other plans. We found a home we fell in love with immediately while walking through it. Is it our style? Somewhat, yes, The bones are FANTASTIC, the hardwoods are beautiful and "style" can be fixed by paint and filling it with the right items.

We officially closed on 05/03/17 and this cute little key is officially ours. We can't wait to share this journey with you as we renovate, paint and go through the roller coaster of emotions that comes with home-ownership.

As we begin to paint, clean and move I want to leave you with a few verses that are speaking to my heart at this moment in time. Enjoy!

Proverbs 24:3-4 “By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established;
by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.”


Numbers 6:24-26 “The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.


2 Chronicles 7:15-16 “Now my eyes will be open
and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place.
For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be
there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time."


1 Samuel 25:6 “And thus you shall greet him:
'Peace be to you, and peace be to your house, and peace be to all that you have.”


Proverbs 24:27 “Prepare your work outside;
get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house.”


1 Kings 8:13 “I have indeed built you an exalted house, a place for you to dwell in forever.”


Luke 10:5 “Whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace be to this house!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment