Tuesday, September 9, 2014

F A L L to do's

Where has this year gone? We're coming up on my birthday, Greg's birthday and our wedding anniversary. I can't remember the last time I was able to update this blog. This summer got away from us too quickly, while leaving one too many things on our to-do list for fall.

First things first: What's new with us? Well, the Day Camp program I was working is now over and we're in the process of the "before and after school" program. It's part time and it's a split shift which is hard on my schedule, but I'm making it work. Greg started a new job at F&F Tire about two months ago. He loves it. Greg also started ushering at church on Sunday's. I'm so proud of him and how hard he works to support our family. Juno is doing good. He's starting to slowly, but surely, gain his winter weight as we have less time to spend outside, but he's happy and sassy. That pretty much sums up any chances we've got going on around here.

We've got a lot of things we want to do this year as a family. This is not our first season of holidays as a married couple, but we lived with friends until March of this year so we didn't get to do all the cute fun stuff that newlywed's get to do together for the first time. This year we're planning on doing it all, from pumpkin patches to buying our first Christmas tree :) and I'm beyond excited for every step. We've already started adding movies to our "holiday" selection and decorated for fall. We're in the process of phasing in our fall recipes, but our kitchen is a disaster right now as we're finishing up our kitchen chair remodel. I'm putting together a list of things we're going to do this holiday season and plan to share it with you all over the next week. What are some of your favorite fall traditions?

I've gotta get back to work but I will leave you with a fall recipe. We made this last week when we had friends over for the PACKERS SEASON OPENER....and a lot of you asked us to share, but we never actually got around to posting it. Here's the recipe!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P U M P K I N | C H I L I
You'll need: 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 red onion, 2 lbs of either spicy sausage or beef, 2 cans of beans (we used one red and one black), 1 can of pumpkin, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of tomato paste and one can of green chilies. You will also need the toppings of your choice. We used Frito's, sour cream, green onions and cheese.

Directions: 1| Chop up all peppers and onions
2| Brown your meat
3| Drain your beans
4| Combine all canned items

Place everything in the CP & cook on low for 4-6 hours
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm two of my favorite words, pumpkin and chili. All you need is an oktoberfest beer and you are in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Breanna, I'm not sure how I missed your comment - but I guess that happens when you let your blog fall to the back burner. Thankfully, I'm back :) Thanks for stoppin' by our place!

      Delete