Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015. New outlook. New goals.

"Home is wherever I'm with you..."

Christmas time and New Years are always a wonderful time to reflect on your life. I typically spend time gazing at the tree, writing cliche resolutions or goals for the new year. This year was different. Christmas Eve I got to thinking about life and all of our blessings, but also all of our complaints or excuses. I didn't write our typical New Years resolutions, because they weren't important to me. I spent time praying. I spent time focusing on my husband and our dog, plus their needs, but also the needs of my kids at work and my wifely duties. I found myself focusing on the real meaning of Christmas and the real blessing of Him. It helped me to put our life into perspective & see how much the good out weighs the bad.

 I realized I spend a lot of my mornings drinking my coffee, driving to work and dreaming. Sometimes I get so involved in planning out our week, month, baby nurseries, DREAM house and future plans that I get lost. I lose track of what is real. I lose sight of the present. I miss the moments that matter now


It sometimes takes me quiet moments staring at a Christmas tree or the peaceful silence of nap time at work to wake me up and realize the blessing that NOW has to offer us. A home is not about the appearance, space or value. It's about the memories you create in it with the ones you love. Christmas isn't about the presents, santa or the snow. It's about Jesus and all he has done for us. Life is meant to be a journey and a walk with Jesus. I don't know about you, but this isn't our "home" forever. Heaven is our goal, so why put so much thought into the feelings of others and try to constantly please this world and the people in it?
Today I am thankful for these simple reminders, our current home and everyday blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Can totally relate. Sometimes I worry so much about the future and those plans that I forget to enjoy what is right in front of me.

    ReplyDelete