Friday, March 7, 2014

Recipe: Salsa Pineapple Chicken


As I psoted in my last entry, my husband and I moved into our own place on March 1st, 2014 and we're thrilled to have our own space and the ability to cook dinner. Our busy schedules only allow us to cook together on Sundays, but we pick out crock pot freezer meals and prep them together, too. This is one of our absolute favorites and so easy to prep and execute on a busy day.



CROCK POT SALSA PINEAPPLE CHICKEN:

Ingredients:

1 16 once jar of pace salsa (we prefer medium, but you could use any)
1 jar of pineapple preserves
4-6 pieces of boneless chicken breasts

Ingredients for the garnishing:

Shredded cheese
Sour cream
Avacado

Combine salsa, preserves and chicken in the crock pot for 4 hours on high. Shred the chicken and serve with tortilla chips and your choice of garnishes. Easy peezy and completely delicious. 

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good and unfortunately I wouldn't have the patience to wait on it to cook in a crock pot! I really wish I had a bowl of this right about now, which reminds me, it's lunch time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, the only way I can make it is if I throw it in the crock pot before work or through the night when we're sleeping... perfect for my husbands and my lunches, or perfect to come home after a long day and not have to make dinner :) thanks for your sweet comment!!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete