Thursday, March 13, 2014

Recipe: Chicken Taco Soup

Before I share this fabulous recipe I wanted to take a minute to shout out to my sister, Katie Guth, for redoing my blog layout for me. Doesn't it look amazing? She captured my country style with a little girly twist that I absolutely adore! Katie has many talents and has always been my #1. She works full time at a car restoration place as the receptionist, but also runs a full time photography business - and makes the cutest screen printed baby leggings! If you're interested in finding out more about her photography business you can find her images at: www.katieguthphotography.com - Thanks Katie!!

Who likes TACOS? Who likes soup on a chilly 29* day? We do! 

We moved into our apartment on 03/1 and I scoured the web for crock pot freezer recipes for that first week. I didn't want to have to worry about cooking dinner while unpacking, organizing and working. It worked. I had off that Monday, so I prepped all the meals in gallon size freezer bags and froze them. Each evening I grabbed one out and thawed it, then threw it in the crock pot before leaving for work. 8 hours later when we arrived home, wah-la dinner is served!


Chicken Taco Soup

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can of black beans
1 (8 ounce) can of tomato paste
1 (15 ounce) can of whole kernel corn, drained
1 (12 ounce) can of beer [we used non alcoholic]
2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 package of taco seasoning
3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips for toping/serving purposes

Combine ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for FIVE hours, then shred the chicken ad place back in on low for another TWO hours. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips.

We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. 

xox The Roberts


4 comments:

  1. Yum, yum! I am loving your new blog layout! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you love it as much as me!!!! <3 Yay yay yay! :D I love you so much (:

    ReplyDelete